DigitalCFO Newsroom | 31 October 2022
Nor Adni Ismail, ACMA, CGMA, Chair of the Southeast Asia Regional Engagement Group at the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, representing AICPA & CIMA
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (the Association), representing nearly 700,000 members and students of the American Institute of CPAs and The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (AICPA & CIMA), has announced the appointment of 10 members to its inaugural South East Asia (SE Asia) Regional Engagement Group (REG).
The REG has been set up to provide a regional voice and strategic input to the world’s most influential body of accounting professionals which serves the Association’s governing board and CIMA Council in the region.
The 10 Regional Engagement Group members are:
- Chair: Nor Adni Ismail, ACMA, CGMA, Vice President – Finance and Business Ventures, Multimedia University (MMU)
- Vice-Chairman: Syed Ahmad Taufik Albar, FCMA, CGMA, Managing Director,
Group Wholesale Banking, RHB Bank Berhad
- Ong Peng Yong, ACMA, CGMA, Costing Manager, Finance, Beyonics Pte Ltd
- Ruby Panjaitan, ACMA, CGMA, Director of Finance and CFO, PT Media Nusantara Citra Tbk (MNC Media)
- Katreena Aleda Samonte, ACMA, CGMA, Operations Manager – Credit Management, Shell Shared Services Asia
- Phan The Vu, ACMA, CGMA, Director – Finance, Hanesbrands Inc.
- Elsa Ariany Setyadi, ACMA, CGMA, Head of Strategy and Business Implementation, HSBC Indonesia
- Annette Foo, ACMA, CGMA, Adjunct Associate Professor, National University of Singapore
- Rick Yvanovich, FCMA, CGMA, Association’s Southeast Asia Area Committee Representative and Founder and CEO, TRG International
- Khairun Nisa Md Khuzaimah, Asst General Manager, Telekom Malaysia Berhad
Nor Adni Ismail, ACMA, CGMA, Chair of the South East Asia Regional Engagement Group, said, “We are honoured to be entrusted with representing members in the region and support he Association to bringing innovative ideas and recommendations to uphold the high standards of the profession. We look forward to working closely with the Regional Vice President – Asia Pacific to help members, their organisations and society as a whole adapt and thrive in a challenging environment.”
Venkkat Ramanan, FCMA, CGMA, Regional Vice President – Asia Pacific at the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, representing AICPA & CIMA, said, “I am pleased to welcome vibrant professionals as the inaugural members of this group. I am certain that they will contribute immensely to help the accounting and finance profession address key business and economic issues such as digital transformation, productivity, and environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) challenges in Southeast Asia during their twelve-month tenure.”
Appointments to the REG are made for a 12-month duration and responsibilities will include identifying key trends in the local markets impacting members, stakeholders, and the profession; representing, engaging, and advocating for the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation; and providing perspective into the development of the Association’s global strategic plan as it relates to both public and management accounting.